In previous years, UQBuds was able to distribute free books, DVDs and CDs by mail. However, we are no longer able to provide this service due to our limited resources.
We still receive many requests for books from people around the world. To fulfil this need, we will provide instructions here for alternative ways to get free books.
—How To Get Free Buddhist Books—
The Buddha Educational Foundation is an organisation based in Taiwan. They print free copies of dharma books for distribution around the world. Books are available across a range of traditions (Mahayana, Theravada and Vajrayana) and in a variety of languages (English, Chinese, Hindi and more).
The availability of titles changes from time to time.
Examples of English titles include:
- The Dhammapada by Ven. Narada (Buddha Educational Foundation (EN014)
- What the Buddha Taught by Walpola Rahula (EN132)
- Mindfulness in Plain English by Ven. H. Gunaratana (EN036)
- The Lotus Sutra of Wondrous Dharma translated by Ven. Cheng Kuan (EN378)
- Interbeing: Fourteen Guidelines for Engaged Buddhism by Thich Nhat Hanh (EN433)
To order, please read and follow the instructions on their website carefully: http://www.budaedu.org/en/book/
We are not affiliated with the Buddha Educational Foundation. The suggestions here are for informational purposes only. We make no guarantees about the accuracy or completeness of the books that they distribute.